About Me

My photo
One woman reinventing herself in the gray, glass jungle.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sacred Space


As of yesterday, this blog is three years old. Happy it.

Oh, sacred white square: I have feared visiting. See, there's so much to say. I've been thinking of shutting you down, packing you up in a hat box to display on the shelf in my bedroom closet. Here lies all the pretty things.

And yet, somehow, in all this public space, I have deluded myself into believing that we are safe.

I don't care. Hey, I can wear crew socks and search my cable listings for Baby Boom. This is now and I don't have to apologize to a stupid mute electronic square. There, I will drink beer from a wine glass. And nobody will say shit.

Three years deep. We're in the thick of it, you and me. Long as I'm learning I'll visit here.

And post.
And paint.
And squeal with delight at all the long shadows
we leave in our wake.

No comments: