About Me

My photo
One woman reinventing herself in the gray, glass jungle.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Adulthood


I have learned to accept the taste of bitterness and so now eat more kale. And brown rice. Watercress and artichoke leaves. I still don’t speak the language of letting go but I do finally understand the true meaning of the word autopilot.


I journal. About breakfast, lunch and dinner. How many cups of this and that? Four almonds and a piece of string cheese. See? Journaling.


I realize the term assets is relative and grows ever more irrelevant all at once. Yes, I see the big picture and the forest for the trees.


I avoid being attentive where I can.
I have decided passive aggression is mostly aggressive.
I do not yet see my desk as sacred space and so abide Subway bread crumbs on my legal pad.

I am confused by luck but search for meaning in everything.



No comments: