About Me

My photo
One woman reinventing herself in the gray, glass jungle.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Happenings

I thought today would be a good day to post some updates since I left you all hanging after my last post, wondering if I'd secure myself a proper rack and become an eastern medicine convert.

Alas, I have (and I did). I'm now taking all manner of herbal detox tinctures and monitoring the activity of my spleen. See, evidently (and according to my acupuncturist, who is fantastic) I have "Spleen Qi Deficiency". Apparently this is a malady quite common among New Yorkers. I've now had three sessions with this brilliant practioner and in that time I have to honestly say, I've begun to feel a bit buzzed. I would assume this energized, fluid feeling of buoyancy is Qi, which is finally becoming unblocked. So far I've had needles in my jaw, neck, the space between my first and second toe, my wrist and up and down my calves. What amazes me most is that everything is diagnosed by simply looking at my tongue and feeling my pulse. Then somehow this wicked maze of pointy sharp objects winding its way along my acupressure points drains out pain, anxiety and toxicity, all the while stimulating my muscles and stoking this internal Qi engine . It's bizarre and I'm totally willing to submit to it. I feel oddly centered and calm-- a feeling so foreign to me it almost seems like a new disease.

I'm still waiting to hear from school. I realize it's ridiculous to get anxious (which I am). Three weeks is not long at all. I just feel like everything hinges on this one possible turn of events. I need to make some major changes if I get accepted and I'd like as much time to totally upend myself as is possible. When I'm bored I like to keep busy by angsting over whether or not my essays were pedestrian.

On the fluffier side, I did in fact get the professional bra fitting. I won't go into lurid detail but suffice to say that perhaps the biggest lesson of this year is that making changes, however minor, creates emotional momentum and emotional momentum creates external progress. Even if it's progress in the form of something frilly. The whole femme fatale experience of the fitting started me thinking about overhauling my autumnal image. It's definitely gonna involve something purple and patent leather. Perhaps this is the year I'll finally try to pull off that sleek and age-defying Blade Runner look. On second thought, that would have to involve bangs. Back to square one.

The Off the Radar pilot is nearing its New York City debut. We plan to fully honor it with bells, whistles and wine. Every time I watch the footage I thank Honduras. I can't remember a time when I heard my own voice more clearly than on its silky shores.

So, all in all, more balls in the air, more balls in general and absolutely nothing certain except uncertainty. Time for another dandelion tea.
Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For more information about Dandelion Tea please go to www.dandeliontea.org.

Yvonne Montgomery said...

I love the notion of purple and patent leather--sounds like a song or a memoir. As for the rack, as one who is amply endowed, kudos to you for your self-support. It makes a difference in many ways. Accupuncture is outside my ken, but supplements have a multifaceted effect. Power to the potions, and never underestimate the profound impact of placebo effect. Love you, girl.